Book Review| To All The Boys I've Loved Before




Author Name: Jenny Han

Book Description:
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once?

Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.


My Review:
This is the story of a teenager Lara Jean and her crushes. She had written letters to all the boys whom she had loved in the past but they got mailed by her younger sister Kitty. All the boys get the letters for real.

There starts the fake dating between Peter and Lara. He is one of the boys who gets the letter too. They were dating in order to push Josh away from Lara who was the ex-boyfriend of her elder sister Margot and once a crush of Lara and so got her letter as well.

While their dating was fake, they start caring for and liking each other. And gradually, Lara understands this and writes a real love letter for Peter in the end.

When I was reading the book, I totally felt as if I am watching a movie only it felt much better.

What I liked so much about the story is that, it is not just a love story which revolves around the lover and the beloved. It gives utmost importance to family and the cute relationship between siblings has also been shown here. I loved the relationship Margot and Lara Jean shared.
This was a sweet story appropriate for movies as there is a ton of drama going on but it lacked character development and I felt as if the characters behaved like high school students. But I must say Lara's qualities seemed very original for a teenage girl. Her insecurities, fear and anxiety.

I also liked the ending part where it ends with Lara Jean writing a real love letter for Peter and not just Lara and Peter ending up as a couple, getting married and living happily ever after. Haha funny I know but there is no conclusion whether they end up being a couple for real or not.

At times, I find the characters acting silly which I didn't really like. Overall it was sweet and innocent. A good read.

I recommend it to those who love a lot of drama and romance.


Ratings: 3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review| The Fault In Our Stars

Book Review| Table For One